Music facts we’re sure you will love
In (belated) honor of Valentines Day, here are a few facts about music that we’re sure you will love.
– Music is linked to the release of dopamine, a chemical in the brain that makes you feel good!
– 1 in 10,000 people have “perfect pitch,” the ability to recognize a pitch without any reference.
– The first piano, invented in 1709, was originally called the “gravicèmbalo col piano e forte,” which
is Italian for “harpsichord with loud and soft.” This name was later shortened to “fortepiano” and
then just “piano.”
– The Japanese word ‘karaoke’ comes from a phrase meaning “empty orchestra.”
– In retail stores, slow music is played to keep you shopping and make you spend more. In
restaurants, fast music is played to speed up turnaround.
– A single violin is made from more than 70 individual pieces of wood.
– Taylor Swift wrote her first song at age 12 after a computer repairman taught her three guitar chords.
– The best music lessons in Chester Springs are taught at Learning Allegro…but we knew that